Thursday, October 15, 2009

La Meilleure Salade du Monde

That means "the best salad in the world"
A girl in the french house made this last night and I literally didn't want to swallow it, I just wanted to keep it in my mouth. I'm generally a fast eater, but i found myself savoring each mouthful of this incredible salad. I announced to everyone that I wanted to eat this everyday of my life until I die. Have I yet convinced you that you are under a moral obligation to feed this to your family immediately? To do so...

Salad
1 head cabbage chopped
3 breasts chicken, cooked, shredded or cubed
2 pkgs chopped ramen noodles
craisins and mandarin oranges to taste
salt and pepper

Rice
2 cans coconut milk
2 cups water
3-3 1/2 cups jasmine rice
mix water and coconut milk
add some sugar to taste
add rice and cook

Dressing
3/4 cups sesame or peanut oil
2 T rice vinegar
2 T soy sauce
2 packets chicken ramen seasoning
3 T sugar
1/2 T pepper

So you put the salad on top of this rice and then will absolutely die because its AMAZING.
p.s. this is not French at all.

No comments: