Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate chip cookies

I found this recipe online and tried it but it wasn't quite right so I tweaked it a bit and then it was amazing!  I added more spices and I added some wheat flour and a little more flour overall so the consistency would be more cookie like.  Enjoy.

1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup cooked or canned pumpkin
½ cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2-1 cup chocolate chips (I used 1 cup but if you don't want them that chocolatey just use 1/2)

In a mixing bowl, beat together sugar, pumpkin, oil, and vanilla. Sift together dry ingredients and add to mixture. Stir until smooth. Blend in chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° F for 12–15 minutes. Makes 3–4 dozen.

No comments: