Monday, September 30, 2013

Pumpkin Bread Pudding

I am so proud of myself because I made this recipe up all by myself and it's a baking recipe!!! And it turned out delicious, if I do say so myself.

Preheat oven to 350.
Take a loaf of french bread and cut it into 1-2 inch pieces and put them in a souffle dish or a casserole dish.
Beat 6 eggs in a large mixing bowl.
Add 1 cup of milk or whipping cream.
Add 1 cup of pumpkin puree.
Add 1 cup of brown sugar.
Add 1 tablespoon vanilla.
Add the following spices:
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves

When the custard part is well mixed, pour it over the bread, making sure it's all coated. Let it soak for 10 minutes.
Cook for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until it's well browned on top.
Serve with vanilla ice cream or Marianne's homemade buttermilk syrup.

No comments: