Friday, January 16, 2015

Mom's Ribs Recipe

I use this recipe all the time so I thought I'd post it in case others wanted it. And this way I don't have to search through my email every time I make ribs. I reorganized it a little from its original form. You know how mom's recipes are.

Ribs - thawed
Bbq rub - I love Alan's stuff.
Bbq sauce - non-high fructose corn syrup based.
Tin foil

Preheat oven to 275. Take a jelly roll pan and cover it with two long strips of tin foil so that they hang enough over the sides that you can close them up into a package when the ribs are inside.

Open the rib package and pat the meat dry. Sprinkle the rub GENEROUSLY all over the meat, until completely coated. Do not skimp on the rub!

Smother the ribs thickly in your bbg sauce of choice. Be generous with the sauce, too!

Close the tinfoil over the top, wrapping them tightly.

Bake for 1 1/2 hours per pound of ribs.

After they're done, heat up your grill and grill them until smokey and browned. You can also do this step in your oven on broil. I do it all the time and it tastes just the same. Serve with extra sauce.

Tender, sticky, fall off the bone, juicy, flavorful ribs for all!

No comments: