Friday, July 17, 2020

Marianne's Fresh Strawberry Pie

I made this for my neighbor the other day and she declared: "This is the BEST pie I have ever eaten in my entire life!" I decided I should post it. :)

Marianne's Fresh Strawberry Pie

Use this pie crust recipe: https://www.joyofbaking.com/PieCrust.html

Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees, until lightly browned at the edges.

Filling:
In a saucepan, combine:
1 1/2 cups crushed fresh strawberries
3/4 cups sugar
1/4 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp cornstarch
2 Tsp water

Heat until boiling, stirring continually until sugar dissolves and mixture thickens slightly. Allow to cool. Pour over 3 pints fresh strawberries, whole and cut in half (the larger ones). Toss to combine. Pour into baked, cooled pie shell. 

Top with heavy whipping cream whipped with vanilla and 2 Tsp of sugar. 

Tip: make with the sweetest, freshest berries you can find. Preferably from a farm, your backyard, or a market. It's not worth making this unless they're at their best. 
Enjoy pure summer!

No comments: