Monday, February 8, 2010

Monster Cookies

These are the cookies I made my whole life raising my kids because I could make giant rolls of them and freeze them and always have them on hand. Since it is valentines day, I thought I should post this and the sugar cookie recipe I always made! Enjoy

12 eggs, 1 lb butter, 2 lbs brown sugar, 4 cups white sugar, 1/4 c vanilla, 3 lbs peanut butter, (chunky or plain, I always used plain) 8 tsp. soda, 18 cups ground whole oats, made into oat flour, 1 lb choco chips, 1&1/2 cup chopped walnuts.

In a giant bowl cream sugars, butter and peanut butter until smooth and creamy, then add the eggs and beat till smooth,add vanilla. Mix dry ingredients, then add to creamed mixture until smooth, mix in the nuts and choco chips by hand. Roll into round long logs and freeze. Slice off 1/2 inch or so and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. You can chop some of the choco chips up in a food processor and leave some whole if you want. Cook only until the edges start to get golden, check bottoms, do not overcook! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks Mom! I have been dying for this recipe lately! I can't believe I am already up to the monster cookie recipe sized family:)

Garrett said...

Yes, and if we continue at this rate of reproduction, we will be up to the full Eggnog recipe in about...........30 years!

A gallon of stinking icecream?!?!?!?!?!