Friday, February 22, 2008

Dad's Chicken Curry with Coconut milk

1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 to 1" pieces
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp flour
1&1/2 to 2 tsp red pepper flakes ( adjust to hot preference)
2 tsp minced lemongrass
6 TB butter
3 TB nam pla (Thai fish sauce)
2 c. canned sweetened coconut milk
1 c. salted cashews

Toss chicken with curry poder, salt to taste, flour, red pepper and lemongrass.
Melt butter in skillet at medium high. Add chicken and cook until it is just done (about 2 min.)
Add coconut milk and turn to medium. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until cooked through.
Stir in nam pla and cashews and cook for 30 seconds.
Serve over rice or couscous. Makes four servings

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Yay!! I have been coveting this recipe for a while!

Danielle said...

I finally bought all of the ingredients for this. I'll let you know how it turns out!

James said...

I think I have discovered a gold mine, thanks Monson family!