Thursday, February 21, 2008

Delicious Parmesan Tilapia

Danielle, 
Thank you so much for making this.  It is perfect!  I'm making the Bucca chicken tomorrow, I am having withdrawls:)  I can't wait for Garrett to try it, he will love it!

-1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (I usually use a little bit more)
-1/4 cup butter softened
-3 Tbsp mayonnaise
-2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
-1/4 tsp dried basil
-1/4 tsp ground black pepper
-1/8 tsp onion powder
-1/8 tsp celery salt
-2 lbs. tilapia fillets

1. Preheat the oven broiler.  Grease a broiler pan or line it with aluminum foil.
2. In a small bowl, mix together parmesan, butter, mayo, and lemon juice.  Season with dried basil, pepper onion powder and celery salt.  Mix well and set aside.
3. Arrange tilapia fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan.  Broil a few inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes.  Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes.  
4. Remove from the oven and spread parmesan mixture over the fillets.  Broil for 2 minutes, or until the topping is browned and the fish flakes easily with a fork.  (Check often so it doesn't burn, but make sure it is browned and crispy because it is better that way.  Also I usually squeeze some lemon on each fillet right before serving.)  

PS this is from the Costco cookbook.  There are tons of yummy recipes in there.  I recommend it!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I tried this out last night and it's pretty much to die for! I seriously LOVED it! I served it with wild rice and fresh green and yellow beans...it was a hit!