Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Chicken Cordon Bleu

I know, I know, this is a classic which most of you have - but I am adding the classics for our Christmas Cookbook, a few a day, per Danielle's request.

6 chicken breasts
6 slices ham, luncheon meat kind
6 slices swiss cheese, enough to cover surface
1 small box fresh mushrooms
1 small can healthy request crm of mushroom soup
1 small can healthy request crm of chicken soup
16 oz. light sour cream
½ large chopped onion
1 tsp. minced garlic
Lawrys seasoning, salt, pepper
Minced onion

Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet until about 1/4” thick, then sprinkle lightly with lawrys seasoning salt, pepper and minced onion, then ham, then cheese, then roll up and place in sprayed 9X13 pan, seam down. The chicken breasts are so huge that I cut them in half and make smaller ones. Half is plenty for most women. Mix rest and spread over top, with a little more lawrys in the sauce and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil and cook at 275 degrees for three hours. Can assemble the night before. You can also make this and cook it for four hours at 250 degrees for the whole time you are at church.

2 comments:

Michael and Emily said...

I'm stealing this recipe. I LOVE chicken cordon bleu. I'm excited to try it. And I'm glad you found my blog.:) Too bad it's not too interesting. Michael and I are coming down in March for a wedding. Maybe we can come make it over to visit you!!

Mom Marilynn said...

yippee!!! we'd love to have you come visit!