Friday, February 20, 2009

Chocolate Rolo Cookies

These are an old family favorite, but I don't know if anyone has the recipe. I have been craving them and I didn't have the recipe so I found this one online. Hopefully it is the same as the regular one. I am making them tomorrow, so I will let you know.



ROLO COOKIES
2 1/4 c. flour
3/4 c. cocoa
1 tsp. soda
1 c. sugar
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. butter, softened
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
60 Rolo candies
Powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and soda; blend well. In large bowl, beat sugars and butter until fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs; beat well. Slowly add flour mixture; blend well. For each cookie with floured hands, shape about 1 tablespoon dough around caramel candy, covering completely. Place on ungreased sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 10 minutes or until they start to crackle on top. Cool slightly and remove from sheets. Dust with powdered sugar while still warm so that the sugar will stick. Makes 60 cookies.

No comments: