Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Lemon Fluff Cake

This is a Monson classic, repeated here by request.

2 pkgs 3 oz. lemon jello
3&1/2 cups boiling water
½ to ¾ cup juice from lemons *I like it fairly tart so I always use ¾ c.
2 cups whipping cream
1 box crushed vanilla wafers
1 cup sugar

Dissolve jello in boiling water. Refrigerate just until it starts to set. I put it in the freezer and check often until it just starts to set up, not liquidey anymore. Then remove and beat it on high for exactly ten minutes. Add the sugar and lemon juice beating on a lower speed to mix. Then fold in the cream. Crumble the wafers in a food processor or you can just put them in a large zip lock bag and stomp on them. Put crumbs on the bottom of a 9X13 pan reserving ¼ of them to sprinkle on top. Pour in the jello mixture and refrigerate or stick back in the freezer if you are in a hurry

* variations: You can make lime fluff cake or lemon lime (I used 1 package lemon and one package lime jello) or orange fluff cake. Be sure to use only ¾ c juice though. I haven’t tried raspberry and then add smooshed berries for the juice. Hmmmm that might be yummy!

1 comment:

Michael and Emily said...

And I made this for my in-laws and they loved it. It's one of my favorite!!